Monday, September 5, 2011

Taking the Labor out of Social Media


First of all...

Don't automate this thing.

Beware of those that are wanting you to spend money on some magical process that will propel you to riches via social media.

But you can work smart.

Most blogging platforms allow you to write, compose and schedule your posts for a future publication date and time. I learned a few years ago the power of writing during blocks of time and scheduling those posts for the future.

As a matter of fact, what you are reading right now, I wrote at 9am Saturday.

I have other blog posts scheduled for the next 30 days. About 50 of them all together on 4 different sites.

Twitter tools like the one I use, Tweetdeck also gives you the option to schedule ahead of time.

However since I use Twitter as an interactive communication tool, I get alerts on my phone and email if someone mentions me, so I can respond. And there's only a few geeky people who know which ones are prescheduled.

There is a big difference between automated and scheduled.

Need help with your social media? It's one of the services we provide businesses at Cirrus ABS.

Contact me for details.

ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS.

You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment