Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Real Power of Social Media-2


Continuing my focus on the Real Power of Social Media, today I am going to introduce you to Randy Clark, another friend of mine who has had a tremendous impact on my life as well as many, many others.

In January of this year I was asked to be one of the panelists for the Social Media Breakfast in Fort Wayne and one of the other panelists was Randy.

Randy made the drive in the middle of a January snowstorm the night before from Indianapolis and that face to face connection has led to multiple life changing events.

I knew Randy somewhat via Twitter, and was invited to join him for an event he started called a Friend-Up in Indianapolis.

Randy's Friend-Up has become a monthly event that I started attending in April. Randy has mixed the Face to Face with Social by using a web service Posterous where notes are posted so those who were not able to attend in person can still see what's going on.

22 of Randy's friends are in this group and there are others not in the social media group who also attend the monthly gathering when they can.

It was my first visit to this group in April with just 5 of us that lead to my career move due to the sharing both in-person and on-line. And this summer I invited my brother in law who lives in Indy to join us and as a result, he ended up with some additional contacts and paying projects.

Randy Clark is under the radar of Twitter and Social Media Celebrities, but he is certainly demonstrating the Real Power of Social Media.

Okay, time for a confession. That last line was a not so subtle play on words that friends only friends of Randy would catch. Along with everything else that Randy does, he is also a member of the band Under The Radar. Check out their videos.

ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS.

You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment