Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Real Power of Social Media-3


There are so many stories I could share regarding the Real Power of Social Media, and today and tomorrow I have two more.

Amber Recker is one of the ladies in Fort Wayne that uses Social Media to bring about real life changes.

When I met Amber via Twitter, I didn't realize that we already were 2nd degree connections on several levels.

1st of all, Amber's main paying gig these days is Director of Marketing & Development for Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana. This organization impacted my family when my Dad had cancer.

The next connection is via the Fort Wayne Derby Girls. One of my former co-workers at ROCK 104, JJ Fabini is also involved with the Derby Girls and friends with Amber and her husband Jon.

Amber is using her connections with these two organizations for the Bust A Move event this weekend.

And Amber started a summer series which has continued into the fall that combines Social Media, Food and Fundraising. Details on the October event are here.

I could continue with other events that Amber is involved with but one that I'll leave you with just one more. This year Amber decided to organize a Girls Night Out on a regular basis. My daughter Rachael finally got to go this month and here's her reaction.

Amber is one of those people I know that is demonstrating the Real Power of Social Media.

ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS.

You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment