Monday, January 17, 2011

The Quiet Social Network

Last week I was doing a presentation to a college class at Huntington University.

I was invited to talk about Personal Branding, the @ScLoHo way.

Part of the demonstration was a Google search for my name, Scott Howard.

There were over 6 million results. But on page 2, there I was.



It was my LinkedIn Profile, followed by my Twitter profile.

I call it the Quiet Social Network because it is not as well known as Facebook or Twitter but as of last November "...LinkedIn, which now has 85 million users and is adding a member every second...", according to TechCrunch.

If you have not yet set up your LinkedIn Profile, Go here and start.

And for more info on LinkedIn, check this video:

4 comments:

  1. You got me thinking so I searched my name. My LinkedIN profile was the fourth down. Good Advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to see how powerful LinkedIn is in SEO. It had been a year since I googled myself for the presentation I did last year on Personal Branding for the Huntington University J-Term class, and this time, I was impressed.

    My presentation this year is on Prezi.com at: http://prezi.com/87nnfmnml1cs/personal-branding-the-scloho-way/ Works best in Full Screen mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a Bing & Yahoo search and my LinkedIn profile was #5 of 54 million on Bing and #5 of 49 million on Yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Bing or that Yah... , J/K... I need to check them also. I'm checking out your presentation now.

    ReplyDelete