Thursday, January 27, 2011

Old Style vs New School

Yesterday I did a little comparison of Blogs vs Websites.

Today, I'll show you a comparison of two websites.

I own a couple of domains: ScLoHo.com and ScLoHo.net.

I use the ScLoHo.net site and the ScLoHo.com site is a backup for people who automatically think that websites should be a "dot com".

I spent a few evenings a couple years ago building a traditional website that includes a home page, an our company page, a testimonial page, and a contact page. There are plenty of click-able links to the radio stations I work for, the Hispanic Newspaper that I do some consulting for, the Advertising Federation that I am a V-P of, and links to 3 of my blogs.

It is much more current than a lot of websites I have seen in the past couple of years, but it is also pretty main stream, or "Old Style" in "Internet Time". You can click here to visit it, or here's a shot of the home page:



I am not a website developer or designer. This was built with Google Sites. You can spend some time doing a site like this yourself if you want and you'll be pretty current and up to date.

A couple of items I want to point out on this site is the far right side has logo's for the click-able links, and the middle column has click-able links to the latest blog posts that are updated automatically. Both are pretty cool features. This is one way to merge your blogs with your business website.

This is what my ScLoHo.net site looked like until I decided to create a New School homepage.

My Blogs are the heart of ScLoHo Marketing Solutions.

They are what has created a ScLoHo brand.

So in 2010, I created a cleaner, less complicated and cleaner home page for ScLoHo.net that looks like this:



If you click on the green links, the latest posting on the blog that you clicked will appear on the same page. This is my example of combining blogs with a website. Each has it's own separate place online, but I use my ScLoHo.net homepage to tie it all together. Click here to visit ScLoHo.net and try it out.

Monday, I'll share with you how easy it was for me to create this New School home page for ScLoHo.net.

Tomorrow, a guest post on the subject of Power of Connections via Social Media .

And feel free to ask me any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. My email is Scott (at) ScLoHo.net or you can leave a comment in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment