Friday, April 29, 2011

T.M.I.

Too Much Information.

Last week, I saw a tweet that promised to tell me 30 things I should not reveal on Social Media if I clicked on the link.

Since I've clicked on this guys links before, I clicked on this one and read his story that looks like it came from 2008, but is just as relevant today.

Sometimes I think list like this are not needed, but then again, I see people putting their phone number on their Facebook Wall, or talking about how they hate their boss, and I realize common sense in social media isn't common.

Here's the first 10:

30 Things You Should Not Share on Social Media
  1. What chicken you are plucking or cow you’re milking on Farmville on Facebook
  2. How many you have killed on Mafia wars or where they are buried.. again on Facebook
  3. Party photos showing you inebriated or a hand placed where it shouldn’t be
  4. That you are having a party.. you might get more guests than you counted on
  5. Photos revealing you flirting with the bosses wife at the annual work Christmas party
  6. That you are having an affair
  7. That you are thinking of having an affair
  8. Complaints about your boss
  9. That you hate your job and want to leave.. you might get your wish.. involuntarily
  10. Don’t share photos or an event that reveals that you were not sick that day at work


Click here for the full list from Jeff Bullas.

No comments:

Post a Comment