Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stop Trying to Sell Me Stuff!


Just a little rant from me and a few, okay make that a lot of others:

I don't want a sales pitch from you EVERY TIME you try and connect with me on Social Media.

It's as annoying as a 2 year old that won't stop asking, "Why?" to everything you say.

There is a line between letting me know what you can offer that I might want to buy, and starting every conversation or interaction with a sales pitch.

If you are using Social Media as a Megaphone shouting to as many as you can get to follow you to buy your stuff, you lose, I lose, and the image and perception of Social Media loses too.

There are much better ways to get me to buy your stuff and it is to let me know what you have to offer and also form a relationship through interaction and interesting content that you share with me and others.

This has always been true in real life, face to face relationships, and is even more true in the cyber world.

Be Genuine.

Your comments are always welcome. MLM invites? No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment