Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blogging Questions: Where to Write

ScLoHo's Social Media Adventure is a combination chronicle, guide, and Q & A forum that is built on my 7+ years of being active in Social Media along with staying up to date on many of the current and up and coming developments.

Because I've been doing this for a few more years than a lot of people I know, I was being asked how to do this and that. So after careful consideration last year, I decided that I would start this site to share some of the basics since 2011 seems to be the year Social Media has finally moved from fringe to main stream.

As our teachers taught us, there are no stupid questions, just questions that need answers.

So ask away!

Last week I was asked by a new blogger where to write his articles, or posts, before he was ready to put them on his site.

The best way is to write them online, right on your blog. Both WordPress and Blogger have options to save your work as a draft without publishing them.

On WordPress, you'll see the option on the right side of the page.



Here's a closer look.



Blogger has big orange and blue buttons at the bottom of the page.



It's a lot easier that writing elsewhere due to formatting issues. (My friend was using Microsoft Word, which if you try and copy and paste, doesn't work very well at all.)

Lastly, why not publish as soon as you are done writing?

Sometimes you need to stop and collect your thoughts or answer the phone!

Sometimes you should sit on your thoughts for 24 hours and read them again before you share them with the world.

Or sometimes, what I do is write ahead of time. I usually have between 30 and 50 blog posts scheduled to post at all times. But that's a topic for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment