Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Unbreakable Social Media Rules


My first thought was, there are none.

But on second thought....

.... Never put something online that you may one day regret:

  1. Such as words
  2. or perhaps a picture

I learned this a few years ago when I made a judgement call about a local business changing their name and I said it was stupid and they were throwing away decades of goodwill.

A few months later, I discovered the real reason why the name was changed and while my original reasons were valid for my comments, as I learned more, I had to go back and change what I wrote.

Better for you to learn this lesson from my experience, than to have to learn it the hard way, 1st hand.


By the way, this rule applies to voicemails, emails and tats, too.

ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS.

You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment