Thursday, July 7, 2011

Transitioning from Play to Work


At my last job, they really didn't care how I spent my time as long as I was on target with the goals they set for me.

Social Media was not a means to an end, at least for my bosses. It was just one more thing to do, but the bigger question was, "Why social media?"

Their version of Social Media was Facebook.

And Facebook was either:

  1. A waste of time spent that you should be working instead of playing Mafia Wars.
  2. A competitor, but not really because who is really going to advertise on Facebook?
A couple of my bosses set up LinkedIn profiles but they were never serious about using the LinkedIn channel for business.

And Twitter? "The Twitter is really stupid and is going to die." Words spoken by one of my former co-workers.
Link
My new employer, Cirrus ABS takes all of this internet stuff more seriously. Net-Centered Marketing is the basis for all the activity that my 30 co-workers do for our clients.

The first couple of weeks that I have been with Cirrus, I have been transitioning from the web and social media being an extra activity in my life to an essential component to my earning a living.

Yes, I will still be my usual self online, but I also now get to offer more than just advice, I get to offer online solutions as I consult with folks about their marketing.

That's why I've added the contact me info below:

ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS. You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment