Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Should You Google +?

I'm on it, but not as active as I am on Twitter or my blogs which are my social media mainstays.

1 update daily, which is about what I do on LinkedIn & Facebook.

Pat McGraw shares his thoughts:

One Step Google Plus Strategic Plan for Small Businesses

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 09:39 AM PDT

The secrets out By me'nthedogs

So, you’ve been hearing about Google+ and you’re wondering what to do.

Here’s something to consider.

Wait.

Focus your limited resources on other channels – the ones that your audience uses and trusts and that are producing the best results for your business today.

But invest some personal time to watch, listen, learn…and talk to your customers about Google+. Then make a fully informed decision on what to do next.

Does this mean you won’t be first?

Yup.

But I have to ask you this – do you have the resources to be first? Are you willing to redirect your current resources from revenue generating activities and invest them into G+ (or anything else, for that matter) in the hope that you will realize an acceptable ROI at some point in the future?

Other sources you might enjoy:



ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS. You can contact him here:

2 comments:

  1. I was on G+ for a short while. My main audience is on twitter. That's where I'll stay for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leilan, I've noticed a few others who are doing the same, or starting G+ and then quitting.

    If using G+ takes time away from other social media channels than I can see your point.

    But for me, I am willing to be minimally active on G+.

    ReplyDelete