Monday, July 25, 2011

If You Got it, Use It

First a bit of background:

Saturday I was looking for some more folks to follow on Twitter and found a local weekly newspaper that has a total of 18 tweets.

They started in February 2010 on Twitter.

16 Tweets in 4 months.

1 more tweet 3 months later.

The last tweet came 5 months later.

Here's my advice...


2 schools of thought regarding Social Media Platforms:

1. Claim your space on all the various platforms that are out there so no one else gets your personal brand.

2. Use the social media channels that you have claimed.

There is a way to do both in an abbreviated way which also allows you to sleep, eat, and work offline.

Let's start with Claiming space.

Go to: NameChk = http://namechk.com/ They are currently checking 159 assorted social channels. Go get ya some.

Now Step 2.

Only pick the ones you are going to active on. It could be 2, 3, 5. I doubt that you will use many more than 5 more than once a week.

What do you do with the others you claimed?

Fill out the profile info with the truth about your level of activity.

For example, I visited my MySpace account for the first time this year and it says, "I'm not really here. If you want to connect with me go to ScLoHo.net and you'll find my links".


Do you agree with this approach?


ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS. You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment