Friday, July 1, 2011

Being Social Online & Offline


Welcome to the 2nd half of 2011!

So far I have posted 130 times on this site about my Social Media Adventure and I'm looking forward to continuing on Monday.

Yes, Monday is a holiday in America, but since this site has been getting visitors from around the globe, I'll continue my tradition of posting 5 days a week at noon Eastern time.

Today I want to encourage you to take your "social self" offline and also connect face to face.

I've been doing a lot of that this week, and I've done a lot of it in the past too.

Tuesday morning, I attended our local Social Media Breakfast Fort Wayne.

Wednesday I woke up extra early for a 2 hour drive to Indianapolis to attend the Social Media Breakfast Indy, then we did several more face to face meetings with Social Media folks.

Thursday I started my morning another breakfast meeting, this time it was with the Summit City BNI group, and ended up back in Indianapolis meeting other Social Media friends, including some face to face for the first time.

Next week, I will be attending a couple of lunches with the Advertising Federation of Fort Wayne, and doing another breakfast meeting are all planned in a short 4 day work week.

Last Sunday, I was honored to be included on the list of 101 Community Connectors after being one of 241 locals who were nominated.

So, while it may be fun to connect online, and it may be profitable to connect online, connect face to face too.

Enjoy your weekend!



ScLoHo is Scott Howard, a Solutions Consultant with Cirrus ABS. You can contact him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment