Monday, May 16, 2011

The Ultimate Goal


...of a website is to be found.

The Ultimate Goal of a Blog is to be found.

The Ultimate Goal of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and most of the other social networks is to be found.

Not found, because you are lost, but found by others that are looking for you or what you have to offer.

Companies paid tens of thousands of dollars 20 years ago for someone to build them a "home on the world wide web".

Then the technology improved and the price dropped at the same time. It was the law of supply and demand.

While the professionals were creating and recreating all of these business websites, I discovered another way to be found.

Blogs. "Blogs" are short for "Web-logs".

By publishing a new article on a regular basis, I discovered that Google started listing me in their search results for certain topics. A few years ago I was on the first page for "Starbucks History".

As I saw these results occurring I learned a few things about how to be found.

For instance, a blog is a website.

And Google likes fresh information, which is what I present on my blogs.

As a matter of fact, I am in the process of weening myself from the term blog because it sounds limiting.

Now despite my own success, I've also discovered something else:

The more I know, the more I discover that I don't know.

So while I can help get you started in establishing your presence online, there may come a time when you need to actually pay someone to really be found.

Depending on your needs, you can pay me, or I will recommend other professionals that have established their own track records for themselves and their clients.

Just remember your Ultimate Goal = Be Found.

No comments:

Post a Comment