Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Social Spam is Real..


Spam.

The junk mail of email has gone social.

I hope you are not falling victim to it,

But I really hope you are not contributing to it.

When the mail man delivers junk mail to your home or office, you probably glance at it and then throw it away.

Email can filter most of the spam that is sent to your inbox. I receive about 900 spam emails per week, which I glance at, (but don't open) and simply delete it. It's the price we are willing to pay for a free service.

But Social Spam is a little different.

With Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and all the other social channels, you get to select who to follow, friend, like and subscribe to.

There are a few people that I used to follow on Facebook that I learned to ignore or unfriend because they were simply pushing stuff at me to buy, instead of engaging me.

If you are simply pushing your products or services without engaging or conversing you are not being social.

You are Spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment