Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Serious Tweep (Part 2)

In January when I started this site I did a 5 part series on starting with Twitter.

Here are links to 4 of those posts:

What is Twitter?

Twitter Terms

An Illustrated Guide to setting up your Twitter account

And How I Manage Twitter

Recently I have been asked a few more questions about Twitter that I will take the next few days to answer.

I've titled this series The Serious Tweep because until you get serious about it, you'll never understand the potential and power you have.

Part 2

Yesterday I told you to fill out your profile completely. The less you fill out, the less likely you will attract people that you want to attract.

This is part of your personal brand. You have control over what you say about you and your life, your passions and interests.

There is one element of the Twitter profile that stumps some folks.


The web link.

In my example yesterday, Randy Clark has his web link go to his company blog.



If you are the spokesperson for your company, this might be the direction to go.

But what if you are on Twitter as an individual, or you don't have a company website.

You could link to your Facebook Page.

But Please Don't!

Not as your primary web presence.

Not if you want to be a Serious Tweep.

A lot of people will link to their LinkedIn profile.
You do have a LinkedIn profile right?

And it's completely filled out including a picture right?

I was advising my 27 year old daughter this week to get on LinkedIn, and my advice to you is the same.

There are a couple of other options too.

Flavors.me
I am currently using a Flavors.me design for my home page for ScLoHo.net.

Click here to go there and design yours.



About.me This is another site that you can use to customize your own home page.

Click here to go there.

Here's the one I designed for myself.


And perhaps you have a blog that reflects who you are and your personal brand. If it is updated regularly and with content that you want others to see when they are checking you out, you can use your blog as your web link.

Tomorrow, we'll talk about tweeting itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment