Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Serious Tweep (Part 1)

In January when I started this site I did a 5 part series on starting with Twitter.

Here are links to 4 of those posts:

What is Twitter?

Twitter Terms

An Illustrated Guide to setting up your Twitter account

And How I Manage Twitter

Recently I have been asked a few more questions about Twitter that I will take the next few days to answer.

I've titled this series The Serious Tweep because until you get serious about it, you'll never understand the potential and power you have.

Part 1:

Fill out your profile.
Completely.
Including a picture.
And a website.

Let's look at the profile of Randy Clark.

The first thing I notice is his picture. Randy looks like a real person.


Randy does not have his company logo or a cartoon or a picture of a model, what you see is the real Randy.

Now you may wonder, like I did at first, "what's with the TKO at the end of his name?"

Take a look at his profile again.

The answer is in his Bio:

While I don't know what the TKO Graphix marketing team is yet, there is a link to find out more if I want simply by clicking on the Web link.

Randy is a Serious Tweep.

Wanna see someone who isn't serious?


There are so many things wrong with this, but compared to Randy:

No Picture
No Bio
No Website
and what's really important, NO TWEETS?

We'll continue on Wednesday.

In the meantime, take a look at your profile and see what's missing and fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment