Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More LinkedIn Tips

Last Tuesday I was at a LinkedIn Lunch at Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana.

The presenter/teacher is my friend Anthony Juliano and he offered these tips on his own website which I suggest you subscribe to.

Slim down your LinkedIn news feed

ajjuliano | June 3, 2011 at 9:01 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/p10gsk-qJ

When you log on to LinkedIn, one of the first things you see is the news feed--a list of updates from your connections. It's a great way to efficiently catch a glimpse of what's important to those in your network.

There's one problem with the news feed, however, the default settings feed you EVERYTHING--status updates, new connections, events your contacts are attending, etc. Some of it's great, but a lot is just filler that makes your news feed less powerful.

How do you make sure you're only getting fed the good stuff? Like almost everything else on LinkedIn, you can customize it. Here's how:

1. Log in to LinkedIn

2. In the upper-right-hand-corner, hover the mouse over your name, then click “Settings.” (See below.)

3. Click on the "Accounts" tab on the left hand side and then click on "Customize the updates you see on your home page." (See below.)

4. Uncheck the boxes of anything you don't want to see. I omit "New connections in [my] network" and "Groups [my] connections have joined or created" (mainly because I don't use LinkedIn Groups all that often).

That's all there is to it. Feel free to post any questions you have about LinkedIn in the comments, or contact me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment