Thursday, February 24, 2011

Working It


Beware of people who say their way is:

  • The one way
  • The best way
  • The only way
to be successful in Social Media.

The truth is, there are many, many ways and formulas you can use, but you have to work it.

ScLoHo's Social Media Adventure is simply my sharing with you what I have done over the past 5 years and what I am doing now.

Recently I have been using a combination of ways to communicate on Social Media.

The blog sites allow me the opportunity to write, teach and share without limitations.

But the blogs alone took a long time get noticed.

The I started using other social media tools that help to spread the word.

Twitter is my favorite, it can be very conversational and it is pretty uncomplicated.

But Twitter is limited in reach compared to Facebook, so I use Facebook too.

Linked In is the 3rd tool I use to reach out to professionals.

I use Twitter, Facebook and Linked In to spread the word about what I post on my blog sites. Just include a clickable link and boom... you've integrated, communicated and given others the opportunity to spread the word on your behalf to the people they are connected to.

Like I said at the beginning, there are many ways to work it, pick the social media tools that work for you.

Two days ago, I was one of the panelists for the Social Media Breakfast Fort Wayne, and our host and emcee Kevin Mulett has put the powerpoint presentation on line. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment