Thursday, February 3, 2011

How Often? (Part 2)


Yesterday, I began answering the question How Often should you update your Facebook Status, Tweet, or post on your blog and I omitted why?

Why should you update on a regular basis? Easy answer: It shows that you are really using Social Media as a communication tool, not just experimenting with it. If you are sporadic and unreliable, then I am less likely to pay attention to you.

Facebook is still the most popular Social Media site and last year I started updating my personal Facebook page daily. The results are the more I communicate, the more conversations and feedback I receive.

Oh, and I don't mean updates on Mafia Wars, Farmville, or any of the other silly games.

Let's talk about updating your blog.

This blog was launched a month ago and has been visited over 700 times in the first 30 days. It is updated at the same time, 12 noon, weekdays.

I also have a blog that is updated once a week on Tuesdays and it gets around 300 visits per month. I'm comfortable with this number and it is the minimum I recommend to clients as they are learning and starting out.

On the other extreme, my most popular blog is updated 25 times a week and gets over 6000 visits per month.

So, the more often you update with content that people want to read, odds are in your favor that your blog will attract more readers.

Coming up Friday, a guest post for those of you who are still wondering about this whole social media thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment